VMCAI Winter School is a winter school on formal methods associated with VMCAI 2019 that will take place in Lisbon, Portugal on January 9-12, 2019. In the vein of VMCAI, the school is meant to facilitate interaction, cross-fertilization, and advancement of hybrid methods that combine Verification, Model Checking, Abstract Interpretation, etc.
The school will cover several fundamental aspects of formal methods and applications:
- An Introduction to Learning from Programs (slides), by Marc Brockschmidt (Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK)
- Models and Techniques for Analyzing Security Protocols (slides), by Veronique Cortier (Loria, Nancy, France)
- Neural Network Verification (slides), by M. Pawan Kumar (University of Oxford, UK)
- Computing with SAT Oracles: From CDCL SAT Solving to Ubiquitous Industry Adoption (slides), by João Marques-Silva (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Abstract Interpretation (slides), by Patrick Cousot (New York University, USA). This tutorial will be complemented by an invited talk by Sylvie Putot (Ecole Polytechnique, France) on Zonotopic abstract domains for numerical program analysis (slides).
- Developing distributed protocols formally with Ivy (slides), by Ken McMillan (Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA). This tutorial will be complemented by an invited talk by Kedar Namjoshi (Nokia Bell Labs,USA) on Modular Verification: Model Checking in Bits and Pieces.
All details may be found on the programme page.
Registration is free but mandatory. Registration deadline: December 22nd, 2018.
Please take into consideration that the number of attendees is limited. Register as soon you are sure to be able to attend the Winter School.
Please register here.
Sponsors of the Winter School